Thursday 13 August 2015

10 x 1km, 3.32 average

Today I finally managed a proper session albeit my fitness is still poor. I reckon I am in 36.45 10km shape. The reps were all around 3.30 for the first #6 but then slowed to 3.38s for a 3.32 average. My right knee though is much better after taking my High5 electrolyte tabs - they make all the difference (see pik below). The strava load:

http://app.strava.com/activities/367987864

After a Nutella themed brekie I took the 3 older boys to Bidart beach for a surf on a beaut of a morning. I swam 'out the back' (past the surf break) with them with T on the foamie and J and L on their fibre glass boards. The water was warm and clear and they all caught a nice fair few. Jack always moans but then always jumps on the first wave.

The afternoon we spent on the water slides at the campsite pool with me cooking 4 whole fresh fish on the barbie for dinner (the last resort to get back into Jacqueline's good books).  I reckon I need to cook #3 more nice dinners to seal the deal - the last 3 weeks have been hyper stressful at work and the dreaded mist is only clearing now which has meant I have been difficult (to put it mildly) with zero patience for 4 active boys.

Nevertheless, all up an awesome day.

Pix of the day in chronological order including Jacqueline, Jack and Ryder Roo on the same water slide:

1 comment:

  1. Slim Sammy Aggers, Forget about bloody Bidart, Biarritz or even San Sebastian... the only way to get back into the good wife Jacqueline's good books is to stick a Stoke top on her and get her back to 'The Brit' to see Stoke next weekend. Two tickets on the door for you...... mate, you'll be loved for everymore.
    Don't say i never help you out :)

    ReplyDelete