Tuesday 18 August 2015

Jacqui's Basque burgers

With time a constant constraint I decided on the same 10 x 1km session with 90 secs recovery which only takes circa 49 minutes.  It's really snappy and I am bored with monotonous jogging. My average was a little quicker than yesterday in about 3.36s/km but in the hottest part of the day. 

Another beautiful day in Biarritz and depressingly the days are running out. We swapped the order today with water slides in the morning followed by surf in the arvo - the swell has gone which means my life saving skills aquired at Manly Surf Club are thankfully less likely to be called upon.

Tonight Jacqui cooked up a feast with home made burgers and an array of different salads on the menue with other goodies provided by Rose and Dors, most notably a (many) very nice Médoc(s).

A message to my Sydney mates, it is now confirmed that I'll be with you from the 3rd to the 6th of September and so will run the North Head Striders 10km on the Saturday and will join the Manly crew for the long run up and down the beaches on the Sunday (none of this south of the harbour nonsense).

Pretty sure Quentin, Tommy and I started this Northern beaches run back in 2011 whilst training for the Gold Coast GC marathon - we use to have to jump high fences around the golf course before the Narrabeen lake path had been opened. GC was also the infamous race when I broke out in my infamous Peter Crouch 'Robot' dance down the finishing straight with Timmy and co. hurling abuse at me. I had cramped so badly with 4km to go that my arms had even stopped working properly.  Looking back it must have looked hilarious and still managed a 2.50 despite the Robot - some sort of record perhaps? :)

Jacqui's Basque burgers: 

No comments:

Post a Comment