Monday 31 August 2015

Back to sunny London for 1 day

It's been pouring all day and decided to rise early to avoid the Bank holiday traffic.  We belted it home arriving by 10.30 AM.

In summary, a lazy day involving packing my bags for tomorrow's rediculously long journey to the far corner of the planet, Auckland.  I somehow will leave my house by 730 AM UK time and arrive at my hotel at midnight, THE NEXT DAY! 2 days lost in time travel for the sake of a 2 hour presentation and will be on the ground in NZ for all of 12 hours, 8 of which I hope to be asleep and 1 hour spent running. I plan to meet Clyde early doors for a jog. A mission!

Cannot say I am looking forward to the ordeal, the sugar coating being that I miss my #1 son's first day at high school. Enormous sigh.

Consistent with my mood, I managed a p@ss poor workout in the late arvo. The plan was for 2 x 5kms but hit 3.5k and I was gone. In all honesty I am in 37.30 10k shape. I promised myself I would give 2.40 a nudge for the marathon next year. I am a million miles away from that and really need to start getting serious. It gets worse as come Saturday I will be forking out for Timmy Lindop's brekkie rations. I suppose it could all be much worse, heavens forbid I could be a Potter or a Toon.

No comments:

Post a Comment