Monday 17 August 2015

Biarritz

Today was very much one of relaxation around the pool. Though for the first time this holiday I got up relatively early and knocked out 10 x 1km with 90 secs strict recovery jogging 100 meters. Once programmed into the Garmin it gives me the necessary discipline whereas otherwise I would have just ended up jogging 10ks. It also makes you run a proper k without any short cuts.

I decided early that I would try and run controlled (translation for 'kopout') which saw me run a 3.38 per km average starting around 3.40 but getting a little quicker (the 10th in 3.33).

In the later afternoon we headed to Biarritz for a swim and beer before we ate at our favourite seafood restaurant at the old town harbour with the produce literally just off the boat. J and I love this place with its amazing and inexpensive food and is somewhere we have wanted to share with the boys for some time. If you are ever in Biarritz this is a must do to sample the grilled sardines, calamari and moules plus many more delights. 

3 comments:

  1. Bloody Hell, this blog is getting more Judith Charmers 'Wish you were Here' like with every entry. Still no word or acknowledgment on the Mighty Potters although once they qualify for Europe next year you can take Jaq and boys on tour and and see even more places of interest around Europe.
    Looking forward to our little 'Head to Head' Sammy Aggers at North Head in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timmy I hate to say it but you're gonna smash me. You are in 35.30 form and me a 37.15. I reckon a 'fair' wager is if you give me 2 minutes. Agreed? If you win I'll even rescue your Stoke videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slim Sammy Aggers, I'm not sure what is in those Basque Burgers but it must be good..... Me give you Two minutes, yeah right. From a bloke that hasn't broke 37 minutes for a 10k in two years and you are currently running ParkRuns fastest then me at the moment.... C'mon. The Independant Injudicator has been brought in and said that i recieve (a poxy) 25 second head start on handicap. Loser to buy breakfast in some dodgy north shore grease spoon place in Manly post race :)
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete