Saturday 29 August 2015

Swanage

Had a nice day with my bro's family and Sis. Basically took the open top bus from Swanage to Bournemouth taking the ferry over from Sandbanks. They call it the Jurassic coastline here.

After coughing my guts up all day I headed out for my usual coastal route whilst here which takes me eastwards along the cliff path. By that time the rain had come and hence decided to turn at 30 mins. I had passed a fair many walkers along the way sharing brief hellos.

Strava upload of today's run:

http://app.strava.com/activities/380226920

The day started well with Farah winning one 'Mo' medal and then things got stratasphareically good when Palace won away at Chelsea.  Now I hate Chelsea even more than Arsenal and we (J, Mia and the boys) all danced around celebrating like we had won the league. It means so much more when your local team wins!!!!!  

Nearly every Chelsea fan I know I have a strong dislike for. I can point to many a Stamford Bridge trip to reason my dislike but the most recent was in May when Jacqueline and I were on the tube home from Mike's wedding in Frankfurt and after they had just won the league. They were intimidating (all white) and blurting out line after line of obsenities. It was like the recent Paris metro incident all over again. Needless to say Jacqui was NOT impressed. So it must have been fate when half way through my evening run (after the game) that I spied a guy u-turning a car with a Chelsea top on. I simply could not resist and nonchalantly tapped on his window.  I could tell from his reaction that he thought I was asking him for directions. As soon as he had wound the window down I screamed 2-1 holding my fingers up with both hands and grinning like a Cheshire cat. For a brief second I thought he was going to jump out and chase me down so I turned and carried on my merry way. He sounded like a typical Chelsea fan as I heard him scream 'do I know you though?'. Karma, thank you! 

To say I am over the moon is an understatement and now celebrating with my Bro and a few beers. I retold the story at dinner and Dave reckons it's an Agnew thing. Dave is an avid Millwall fan (yes I know, he was corrupted at a very young age) and he even shared in my delight. After Dave downing a bottle of White (not to mention beers) a massive Nerf gun war ensued - the boys annihilated him.

Pix from our open top bus trip and my late arvo run + Nerf guns with 'hard top' ammo:

No comments:

Post a Comment